Monday, July 30, 2007

Where's Spring?

G'day Mates (as they say here)

For those of you who keep up on Susan's Blog (http://360.yahoo.com/newkiwisue) will know we recently received the fantastic news of our permanent residence. I couldn't be happier or more relieved for our finally becoming official Kiwis. It's been over a year since we applied but our perseverance paid off and now its all good. In retrospect I'm still not sure we would have been able to do it without our immigration consultant's help - E-Migration Ltd. and their invaluable help, but it doesn't much matter as things eventually worked out for the best.
The other great news was Susan getting a job as relief reporter for the Nelson Mail, the local paper that also publishes other publications for the region. Finally she will be able to utilize her prodigious talents and contribute to this country that has been so good for us. She'll start in a few weeks and I'm sure she will shine. As for me, I have an interview tomorrow with New Zealand Post - the people who deliver the mail and operate the Post Shops. I'll be tested on my ability to sort the mail and if I don't completely screw it up I may have a part time job! WooHoo! This is also a relief position so I'll be called in when they need extra hands or to cover for those sick or on holiday. The mail center is about a 3 minute drive from home here in Brittania Heights so I may be able to ride my bike to work. I hear the job will be physically demanding but you know me "strong like bull, smart like stone."

No comments:

Tea in the Queen's Garden

Tea in the Queen's Garden